Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Saravanaa bhavan and free movement of people

I am almost scared of posting for fear of horsing around. I had a shock of my life seeing the owner of saravanaa bhavan in chains. Is it a plot by McDonalds to stump the future of fast food from Madras. Saravanaa bhavan is an Oasis in Chennai station with fresh cool and clean air to breathe. Its so miles apart from the smelly station air!!
Saravanaa Bhavan near Mount road is where I would go with my parents on saturday nights to down the delicious Dosas followed by coffee and walk down to our house in Lloyds road. Walking a bit further and turning to left comes the US consulate who filed a complaint for traficking on Saravana Bhavan. Corporate governance becomes important for even SME's! Software companies would be well advised to look at the repurcussions of Visa abuse. It goes against my sense of liberty that the movement of humans should be restricted so that there can be certain oasis which reminds me of Babylon AD. In the movie Babylon AD , the rest of world is shown to be in Chaos while North America enjoys unprecedented peace and prosperity. Shall I accept the view that Visa is not a right and rebel against Darwinism and survival of the fittest. Why should a person who is not a diligent worker be sheltered against a hardworking person from another part of the world?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would be stupid if I tell people about Saravana Bhavan and its food. Everyone knows about it. And no one is interested to read it. But, it was today I actually realized how big these guys were. I actually think Saravana Bhavan fits the bill better. This is how. They started 25 years ago, if I’m right in our very own KK Nagar in Chennai. Today, they have 18 branches in the city itself, with 2 in Kanchipuram and one in Vellore. Not to mention the 3 in Delhi.
----------------
Bobwilliams
SMM